Travelling: UK & abroad

From traffic news to congestion charges you’ll find everything you need to know about UK travel here.

Air Travel
London Congestion Charge
Road Works
Route Planner
Traffic News
Train Travel

If you’re looking to travel abroad then you need to make sure you have everything you need, from an insurance certificate to vehicle recovery. We also need to give you written permission so make sure you upload a completed VE103b form at least 14 days before you go, please contact you dedicated Venson account management team on your driver hotline number. Remember that the ‘custodians’ address should be the same as the one on your licence and that there’s a small admin fee.

Before you set off make sure you have the following with you:

  • Insurance certificate
  • Passport
  • Driving licence
  • European recovery and breakdown insurance. Check with us to make sure you’re covered.

Touring tips

Even if you regularly drive abroad it is important to check the local rules of the road before you go, as requirements do change.

The AA's touring tips include information about compulsory equipment requirements as well as covering local rules on drinking and driving, use of lights, speed limits, carrying children and so on. They also include more general advice on things like fuel availability and tolls.

For up to date information on European driving regulations and for general advice on driving in Europe visit:


Our sectors

Learn more about what we do by sector