Existing prospective customer contacts
This Privacy Notice applies to Venson Automotive Solutions Ltd and Venson Herts Ltd. Venson is committed to processing your data securely and transparently. This Privacy Notice sets out, in line with GDPR, the types of data that we hold on you as a contact of an existing or potential customer. It also sets out how we use that information, how long we keep it for and other relevant information about your data.
Data protection principles
In relation to your personal data, Venson will:
- Process it fairly, lawfully and in a clear, transparent way
- Only collect data that is necessary
- Only use it in the way that we have told you about
- Ensure it is correct and up to date
- Keep your data for only as long as we need it
- Ensure that is held and processed in a secure environment.
How we collect your data
We collect data about you from a number of sources, including:
- Supplied by you directly, where you have requested information about our products and services
- Collected as part of a tender process or RFI where you have been named as the representative on behalf of your business
- Collected at contract award stage, where we have received confirmation, from you or another representative of your business, that you are an authorised representative for your business
- Provided to us by a person within your company. For example as a contact for a particular part of the contract for example Finance, Health and Safety, HR etc.
- Through our website using functionality within our Driver Services pages or by registering to receive product and service updates
- Through a Venson sponsored training event that you have attended
- By registering at a fleet or business exhibition or conference
- Following Venson on social media eg. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn
Sharing your data
Your data will be shared with colleagues within Venson and with a limited number of third party suppliers, where it is necessary for them to undertake duties. This includes:
- Account Management to handle your reporting requirements, general contract queries and attend fleet reviews
- Operational staff to communicate with you with regards technical aspects of the contract
- Finance staff to handle leasing, invoicing and payment queries
- Management to handle client reviews
- Sales & Marketing to issue information about the industry, events and other Venson products and services
- Training providers (FTA, RoSPA, BVRLA, SMMT) for certification of training delivered
- Fulfilment houses to facilitate the distribution of fleet industry related information and Venson marketing literature
- Procurement Framework providers to facilitate fleet procurement services.
How long will we keep your data for?
In line with data protection principles, we only keep your data for as long as we need it.
Your rights in relation to your data
The law on data protection gives you certain rights in relation to the data we hold on you. These are:
- The right to be informed. This means that we must tell you how we use your data and this is the purpose of this privacy notice
- The right of access. You have the right to access the data that we hold on you. To do so, you should make a subject access request.
- The right for any inaccuracies to be corrected. If any data that we hold about you is incomplete or inaccurate, you are able to request us to correct it
- The right to have information deleted. If you would like us to stop processing your data, you have the right to ask us to delete it from our systems where you believe there is no reason for us to continue processing it
- The right to restrict the processing of the data. For example, if you believe the data we hold is incorrect, we will stop processing the data (whilst still holding it) until we have ensured that the data is correct
- The right to portability. You may transfer the data that we hold on you for your own purposes
- The right to object to the inclusion of any information. You have the right to object to the way we use your data where we are using it for our legitimate interests
- The right to regulate any automated decision-making and profiling of personal data. You have a right not to be subject to automated decision making in way that adversely affects your legal rights.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights explained above, please contact our Data Protection Hotline on 0845 013 1939.
Types of data we process
Venson holds the following personal data:
- your name
- job title
- business name
- business address
- business email address
- contact phone numbers.
Why we process data
GDPR states that Venson may process personal data ‘if necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interest, except where such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms’.
We consider that is reasonable to hold your personal details for our legitimate interests in respect of retaining/maintaining our existing or potential business relationship.
We need to collect your personal data in order to:
- Communicate with you with regard the performance of that contract
- To send you information relating to the fleet industry, our products and services and events.
Protecting your data
We have put in place appropriate technical and organisational procedures to safeguard and secure the data we manage and collect. Personal data is kept within our CRM systems. All soft copy personal data is held in systems that are access controlled.
- Protect against accidental loss or disclosure, destruction and abuse
- Prevent unauthorised access to our processing systems
- Ensure our employees only have access to personal data specific to their job role
- Ensure personal data cannot be copied, modified or removed without authorisation during processing or transmission.
Making a complaint
The supervisory authority in the UK for data protection matters is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). If you think your data protection rights have been breached in any way by us, you are able to make a complaint to the ICO.