I want to take my car abroad. What do I need to do?

Visit our Travelling: UK and abroad page.


Who should I call if my car breaks down?

For a certain amount of time, your car is covered by the manufacturer’s breakdown cover but this varies by manufacturer so check your handbook and if you’re still unsure, give your Venson Account Executive a call or dial 0845 013 1943.


What do I do on a French motorway?

French motorways are managed privately so, if you break down on the autoroute or in a service area the AA aren’t able to attend. For help follow these simple steps:

  • Go to the nearest emergency box or phone and dial 17. The official motorway breakdown service will come and help you out.
  • Once you’ve been towed, make sure you call the AA’s 24 hour helpline on 04 72 12 03

What to do elsewhere in France or rest of Europe:

  • Call the AA’s 24 hour helpline on 00 33 472 17 12 13
  • Other than France, only use an emergency box if you don’t have a mobile or you don’t know your motorway location.

Click here for a advice http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/overseas/atoz.html


How do I arrange a service?

The easiest way is to book online. You can specify dates, location, service type, book a hire car and we’ve also got a collection and delivery option. If you need any more help then get in touch with your Venson Account Exec. You’ll find the number on your driver card. Make sure you keep on top of your service because missing one will affect your warranty and might cost your company money.


What happens now the tax disc is being abolished?

From 1st October, 2014 Venson will replace the current tax disc holder in a vehicle’s windscreen with a smaller holder so that a driver still has somewhere to keep one of their two Venson Driver Assistance cards. The second card is recommended to be carried in a driver’s wallet or purse.


My car is ready for its MOT. What do I do?

We’ll let you know four weeks before your car is due for an MOT but you can also request one using our book online.


My tyres need replacing. Who do I speak to?

In order to minimise any inconvenience to you, Venson offers a mobile tyre fitting service that can provide tyre replacement in most locations across the UK. Mobile tyre fitting can be booked online.

Alternatively contact your dedicated Venson Account Team, the number can be found on your Venson Driver Assistance card.


Can I buy my company car?

Usually yes. Not a problem. Get in touch or complete the contact form and we’ll see what we can do to help.


Are there Fair Wear and Tear regulations that apply to my leased vehicle?

 Yes, you can download Venson's Fair Wear and Tear guide here, which highlights the key information to be aware of from the BVRLA standards.


What things do I need to consider when driving in winter?

The Venson Winter Driving Guide is available for download. This guide gives practical tips for winter driving as well as an overview of products and services which are available to help keep vehicles on the road during adverse weather conditions


Our sectors

Learn more about what we do by sector

Travelling abroad?

If you’re looking to travel abroad then you need to make sure you have everything you need.

Send us a completed VE103b form at least 14 days before you go.